One of the newest tricks in my fashion book that I've learned from a few of my favorite bloggers is the skill of mixing prints. I love when an outfit has the same color scheme but is still interesting because of the print mixing. I paired one of my favorite Corilynn skirts with a super-soft, Old Navy plaid shirt from last season. It was a just warm enough for a rainy Spring day.
Old Navy Plaid Shirt (old): Similar JCrew Factory and Banana Republic and Forever XXI / Corilynn Chevron Skirt (no longer available) striped option here / Nine West Nude Wedges: Similar here
Once the weather warms up, I would change my shirt to a lighter version of this one. I scored an awesome deal on a navy gingham shirt from Target that I will definitely plan on pairing with a few of my navy and white skirts, like this Banana Republic flare skirt. Outfit post to follow!!
So as I've mentioned before, I'm a teacher. I have a pretty tight budget when it comes to shopping and sadly, it doesn't include as much Kate Spade as I would like it to. She is my favorite designer of all things polka dots and bows, two of my favorite things of all time.
I was talking to Annie over at Stylish Petite (have you checked her out yet? She's awesome!) and she was telling me she thinks that Kate Spade Friends and Family is coming up soon. So I am going to keep hoping for the sale and dream of some of my favorite things until then.
If you score any amazing Kate Spade items, let me know! I will live through you!
It may still feel like winter in New York, but everything is coming up roses. Back around Valentine's Day I got it in my head that I wanted a red flare skirt. I had seen a picture of the Leanne Barlow Take a Bow skirt and I absolutely loved it. I found a few others that I liked too, but as always, I didn't want to spend too much money on the skirt. I don't have too many shirts that go with red so I wanted to stay within a certain budget. I gave up my quest for a little while until I saw this skirt from H&M. Needless to say I was instantly in love and it came home with me that day. I might wind up hemming the skirt a bit, but I love it either way.
A few other red skirt options:
Thanks for reading and happy Friday everyone!
It's almost beach season. If you haven't started to get yourself ready, what are you waiting for? As I have gotten older I've really started to try to take care of my body. I want to be fit, strong and healthy. When I am teaching Zumba we wear a lot of Zumba clothes, but when I'm doing my strength training with my Tone It Up plan, (more on that in a follow up post) it's a whole other story.
I remember one of my favorite fitness instructors always telling me to get dressed up for my workouts. She believed that a cute workout outfit would motivate you to work harder. I totally agree. When I started getting into strength training I wanted to buy some cute outfits, but I didn't want to break the bank. If I could I would buy everything Victoria Secret Sport had to offer, but who can afford that?
Enter Old Navy Activewear. They have some really cute workout clothes that are insanely affordable. Their compression pants are awesome. They are comfortable, flattering and wash really well. They have boot cut pants and leggings with some really cute designs. Their workout tops are really cute too. (and $6!!) What I love most is that they aren't skin-tight. They are very forgiving while still looking fitted. It's the best of both worlds. If you haven't given Old Navy a shot, you should. Especially when they are having a sale. (like right now!) I put together a list of some of the things I just bought. I swear I robbed them blind.
My wish list is ever changing. And ever growing. This season it seems I'm into flare cut, flowy skirts, clean-cut trenches, blush pink and leopard. My first spring wishlist consists of a lot of that. Warm weather can't get here quickly enough this year, and I'm looking forward to feeling lighter and more carefree soon.
1. Banana Republic white trench: I adore this coat. They've been having a 40% off sale but it's still really expensive. I hesitate because with my luck, I'd spill coffee on it day one This is definitely on my sale alert list and I'm hoping I can snatch it up at a good price if I wait a little longer.
2. Baublebar Block Monogram Necklace: I love this necklace because it is so different and easy to read. So many of the initial necklaces are in script and you can't tell what they say. They are four sizes to choose from too, which is awesome for someone like me who likes her jewelry to be dainty.
3. ASOS White flare skirt: I've been really into wearing all one color outfits these days, and there is nothing prettier than white on white. I'd pair this skirt with a perfectly simple tank, and break it up with some jewelry. Upcoming outfit post perhaps?
4. Nine West Tixilated Toe Pumps: I wanted to buy these during their Friends and Family sale, but something made me wonder if I'd fall right out of them. I adore them and would wear them with the a gorgeous white skirt. Watch for a follow-up post on nude pumps.
5. American Eagle boyfriend jeans and plaid button down. Perfect for easy weekend style.
6. Sam Edelman slipons, does anyone NOT have these at this point? And of course, my love, the Clare V. foldover clutch in leopard, or really any color. I would like one of each. Swoon-worthy for me- not for my wallet.
May at least SOME of our Spring Wishes come true!
Outfit inspiration delivered right to your inbox with exclusive content! Be the first to see looks and sales before they hit the blog!