1. I don't like to eat breakfast early in the morning.
2. It's the perfect recovery after a workout.
3. I can sneak in foods and superfoods to get lots of vitamins when I need them.
Smoothies are my go-to when I feel like I'm fighting something. I swear coconut oil has saved me from so many stomach viruses. I have a different smoothie that I make if I think I'm getting a cold and one that I have when I feel like my body is inflamed. (if you'd like specific recipes let me know in the comments!)
I've rounded up some of my favorite ingredients for my smoothies below, but this barely scratches the surface.
- protein powder
- flax seed
- chia seeds
- gogi berries
- coconut oil
*These vary and I do not do all of them at once.
Veggie containers filled with:
- spinach, pineapple, banana
- various berries and banana
Then in the morning I empty both containers into my blender and go. It's super fast and I'm out the door!